Students have anxiously waited for their normal lives to resume amid this pandemic. Even after the declaration of the 10+2 board examination results, they are eagerly waiting to give the competitive/entrance exams like the JEE Mains for engineering students conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). After a lot of speculations, the wait is over and they have got an affirmed date of examination and now they are mentally prepared to face a new challenge in their life. Students always dread the moment when they need to study and prepare for their exams but the harder you work, the sweeter is the outcome.
Joint Entrance Examination Mains or commonly known as JEE Mains is a national level entrance exam conducted by the NTA to offer admission to BE/BTech, BPlan and BArch courses at the IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) across the country.
How to download JEE Mains admit card
You just need to follow these steps:-
Step 1: Visit the official website, jeemain.nic.in
Step 2: Click on ‘JEE Main (2020)’ link, and then drag your mouse to ‘download admit card’.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page
Step 4: In the new window, register with your user id and password
Step 5: Admit card will appear on the screen
Step 6: Download it, and take a print out for further reference.
Prepping up for JEE Mains
National Testing Agency has released JEE Main 2020 admit card for April/September session at jeemain.nta.nic.in on August 17 at 5 pm and the examination is supposed to take place between September 1st to September 6. NTA will conduct JEE (Main) April/September 2020 through online mode at 161 centers across the country. JEE Main 2020 has two papers – paper 1 consists of multiple-choice and numerical questions, while paper 2 is now separate for Bachelors of Architecture (BArch) and Bachelors of Planning (BPlan) aspirants. The duration of the paper will be three hours with a total of 100 questions including all three parts. The total marks for this paper will be 400. The marking scheme for MCQs will be four marks(+4) for the correct answer and deduction of one mark (-1) for incorrect answers. Some tips for the candidates:
- To analyze the candidate’s preparation, there are some JEE Mains online mock papers that might be of help.
- Understanding the pattern of questions by practicing from previous years’ question papers is of great help.
- Give equal weightage to each topic and ensure the revision time is equally divided.
- Ensure that one gets enough sleep to think sharp.
- Don’t stress about the result, just focus on solving the questions one at a time.
List of Few Top Colleges In India Accepting JEE Main Score (Apart from IITs) :
- Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM), Salt Lake
- University of Engineering and Management (UEM), Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Techno India, Salt Lake
- B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, Kolkata
- St. Thomas’ College of Engineering and Technology, Kidderpore, Kolkata
- RV College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE), Bengaluru
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work learning from failure.”
~ General Colin Powell.
It is well known that there is no substitute for hard work. The harder you study the better are your results. Keeping yourself calm and having a clear head is one of the keys to success. Being thorough with the syllabus, time management along with good intake of healthy food will definitely be of added help. Analyzing the previous question papers and solving mock papers are a must for excelling in exams like JEE Mains. More importantly, you can’t change the past but you can control what happens now and going forward.