MBBS Admissions Via Management and NRI Quota
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery commonly known as MBBS is the most demanding undergraduate medical course among Class 12 Biology students. For admission to the MBBS course in any college in India, a student needs to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). This is the only entrance test for admission to MBBS courses and is accepted by both government and private institutions.
What is the Management Quota?
In a country like India, the medical course [MBBS] is given a higher stature. Most students who have taken Biology as a subject of preference, try to crack the medical entrance exam [NEET]. Due to huge competitions and a great level of demand for medical seats, it becomes difficult for some students to get through their preferred medical college. Across India, there are many colleges that have reserved a number of seats for admission via management quota. Admissions done via Management quota have a higher admission fee due to obvious reasons, keeping in mind that in no way we can say that admissions via management quota are illegal or unfair.
What is NRI Quota?
NRI Quota is allotted to the students who are non-residents of India or are sponsored by NRI guardians. However, a valid NEET score is needed for the admissions via NRI quota too. There are a few seats allocated to the NRI quota in some government and private medical colleges. The fee structure entirely varies from college to college.
Advantages of Management and NRI Quota
- Admissions through management quota are easy and hassle-free. You need not wait in the queue for your admission in a medical college hence less time consumption and easy admission.
- Admissions through management and NRI quota helps you get direct admission to your desired medical college.
- Admissions via management or NRI quota are not unfair. A token amount is to be paid and then the admission is done in a fair manner like any other student.
- These quotas need a minimum eligibility criterion to be fulfilled. You need not have excellent marks/percentile to get admitted.
NEET UG 2020 cutoff for MBBS/BDS
General – 150
SC/ST/OBC – 124
- Candidates need to register on the official website of MCC – www.mcc.nic.in
- Candidates need to fill in details such as their name, registration number, personal details, academic details, and the details mentioned on their NEET result.
- After completing the registration process, the candidate needs to fill in the choices by logging into the registered account on the MCC portal
- Choose your desired preference from the given list.
- Based on the AIR obtained in NEET 2020 and the choices filled in the registration form, a seat allocation list will be prepared
- The seat allocation list will be uploaded online on the official website of MCC
- After this, the seat allotment to different colleges will be done.
- Report to the college you are selected, with your relevant documents.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS & Other Medical Courses:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- NEET Exam– Candidates who are appearing for the class 12 or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for NEET 2020.
- The 12th percentage required for NEET 2020 is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in 12th to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
UR – 50%,
OBC/SC/ST – 40%,
PWD – 45%
ADMISSION FOR MBBS & OTHER MEDICAL COURSES
- KPC Medical College and Hospital, Jadavpur, West Bengal
- IQ City Medical College, Durgapur, West Bengal
- ICARE Institute of Medical Science and Research, Haldia, West Bengal
- Shri Ramkrishna Institute of Medical Sciences (SANAKA), Durgapur, West Bengal
- Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Budge Budge, West Bengal
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru
- Santosh Medical College, Uttar Pradesh
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre (VIMS), Bangalore
- Sri Ramachandra Hospital, Chennai
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Dr.D.Y.Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Pune
Click Here for the list of other medical colleges.
If you want to apply for college admission, we, Education World Society provide direct admissions via management and NRI quota. We have professional counselors who help students and their families to select a good school, college, or university; an institute that matches the potential of the students. We understand your choices and then help find out various choices students can look up to. We provide you with the best career counselling and college options which will help change your life, book an appointment now to get admission to your desired college.