MBBS and Its Importance
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The degree is the step towards becoming a doctor, a person whose life is dedicated to curing human lives and improving health care. Medical Science is a very fascinating subject as it is the study of human anatomy. It gets one closer to understanding the inner workings of the kidneys, lungs, the human brain, and every little cog that is essential for keeping the organism functioning as it should.
Amidst this pandemic, the doctors are a group who is actively working to save millions of lives around the globe. We definitely cannot ignore other sanitation workers who are also a great help to our society, but eventually, we see our doctors are standing as a human shield in front of this deadly virus and saving millions of lives. Anyone who chooses the medical stream is willing to work for humankind. We also see that medical studies as a career option can be beneficial as no medical practitioner sits without a job. After completion of the MBBS, he/she becomes a general practitioner and furthermore, students can go on to specializations in General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Psychiatry, Anesthesiology.
In India Medical education is offered at four levels:
- First degree – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Postgraduate diplomas in specific areas such as Child Health (DCH), Laryngology and Otology (DLO), Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGO), and a postgraduate degree in broad specialties – Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS)
- Postgraduate degree (Super Specialities) – Doctor of Medicine (DM), and Master of Chirurgiae (MCh) also known as post-doctoral degrees
- Research degree M.Phil and Ph.D.
In a country like India, doctors are considered to be equal to God as they save human lives. Being a doctor with an MBBS degree is a very crucial job, unlike any other job. A job where a person is thanked for saving a life as well as ragged upon on failing to save a life. But does it break their morale to continue with their work? No, their lives are dedicated to this human world. MBBS is a step closer to becoming a doctor. We at Education World Society, understand the importance of good education, and our lives are dedicated to imparting the best counselling advice to our students. We are among the top Education counselors of Kolkata and with free online counselling sessions, we help you recognize your dream path. We also provide direct admissions to various top Medical Colleges over the country.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS & Other Medical Courses:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- NEET Exam– Candidates who are appearing for the class 12 or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for NEET 2020.
- The 12th percentage required for NEET 2020 is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in 12th to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
UR – 50%,
OBC/SC/ST – 40%,
PWD – 45%
Here is a list of colleges we can help you get admitted through direct admissions.
- KPC Medical College and Hospital, Jadavpur, West Bengal
- IQ City Medical College, Durgapur, West Bengal
- ICARE Institute of Medical Science and Research, Haldi, West Bengal
- Shri Ramkrishna Institute of Medical Sciences (SANAKA), Durgapur, West Bengal
- Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Budge Budge, West Bengal
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru
- Dr. Chandramma Dayananda Sagar Institute of Medical, Bengaluru